MSS To Provide Comprehensive Supply Chain Management Services To Mitsubishi International
Cleveland, OH (February 19, 2004) Manfredi Special Services (MSS) and Mitsubishi International have entered into an agreement in which MSS will be providing comprehensive, closed-loop services and management for specialty chemicals shipped into the United States by Mitsubishi, via ISO containers and drums.
The agreement calls for MSS to provide all services and management associated with the supply chain and distribution channel. Services provided within the scope of the agreement include;
• Logistics services to and from Ports of Call to MSS facilities for ISO containers, drums and other packaging.
• Chemical repacking and breakbulk into stainless steel totes.
• "Flex-Lease" of totes to Mitsubishi in accordance with product and shipping demands.
• Warehousing, pick ship and delivery execution to Mitsubishi customers.
• Pickup of empty totes from Mitsubishi end-users.
• Supply chain management and worldwide visibility through utilization of the MSS proprietary Asset Retrieval Management System (ARMS) internet based tracking / e-business programs.
"The expansion of our chemical repackaging and distribution services business is a natural extension of our service menu when done in conjunction with the ARMS e-business management system. Our goal is to provide clients with the highest levels of supply chain performance, and the scope of services provided by MSS and our alliance partners allow us to control every facet of the supply chain", stated Eric Amstutz, MSS Vice President of Business Development "the end result for our customer is a highly accountable distribution network without the high cost of ownership of assets".
Based in Cleveland, OH, Manfredi Special Services (MSS), an ISO certified company, offers comprehensive supply chain management solutions to clients filling and shipping product in Intermediate Bulk Containers (totes) and other related non-bulk containers. MSS integrates supply chain solutions through its network of over 18 cleaning/service centers, 750 trucks, dedicated third party logistics professionals and industry leading internet based tracking technology. MSS also offers asset conversions through tote fleet buyouts, trip-leasing and rental programs. For more information, contact MSS at (800)253-8683 or visit online at http://www.MSSIBC.com