The Collections Specialist is responsible for locating and monitoring overdue accounts to notify customers of delinquent accounts and arrange for debt repayment.
- Confer with customers by telephone to determine the reason for overdue payments and to review the terms of sale, service, or credit contracts.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Record and update information regarding the financial status of accounts and collection efforts.
- Associates degree required; higher education preferred.
- 3-7 years of related experience in a high-volume environment; industry experience in logistics, distribution, manufacturing, or transportation required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience with Great Plains preferred
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position, and is subject to change or alter at any time per business needs.
Job Type: Full-time