Mechanic – Cargo Tank & Trailer
We are currently hiring FULL TIME Tractor/Trailer Mechanic at our Charlotte, NC location.
- Schedule and overlook all maintenance procedures, including preventive maintenance
- Perform hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repairs
- Perform welding repairs and fabrication
- Proactively identify and report any irregularities, damage, or safety issues to the supervisor immediately
- Maintains an environment of cleanliness and safety within the workshop
- Complete all required documentation timely, accurately and completely. File as required
- Complies with company provided literature, training, and all existing Federal, State, Local and Company requirements, rules, and regulations that pertain to personal safety in the performance of duties
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Forklift operating experience
- At least 2 years related experience in maintenance within the transportation, environmental services, manufacturing, construction, or similar industry
- At least 2 years of welding experience
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours including weekends and holidays when needed
- Self-motivated with excellent organization and planning abilities.
- Above average oral and written communication skills with ability to maintain strong documentation
- Ability to utilize a computer/tablet for electronic processing of work orders which includes adding inventory, labor hours, and updating work order statuses
- Training and experience of working within confined space requirements
- Approved accredited post-secondary vocational or technical school diploma preferred
- Familiarity with 5S and Lean methodologies
- “R Stamp” certified
- HM 183 Certification on trailers
- FMCSA Annual Inspections
- Brakes Certification
In return, Quala offers competitive salaries, promotional opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k with match, short and long-term disability, life and voluntary life insurance, FSA, HSA, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
TO APPLY: Respond with resume including employment dates. Only those meeting the requirements listed above will be considered.
Quala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and physical exam. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.