La Porte, TX
Quala is seeking a qualified Operations Manager for our La Porte, TX facility. The Operations Manager is responsible for management of the day-to-day facility operations and creating a safe and desirable work environment in order to produce an acceptable profit margin while excelling in service quality and maintaining regulatory compliance. The Operations Manager will be involved with measuring business trends, developing staff, and increasing production while controlling overhead costs.
This location runs 2 shifts. While the Operations Manager may not be required to work all of 2nd shift, he/she must be available to go to the facility should an emergency occur during this time. Additionally, the Operations Manager may be required to assist customers and employees during non-working hours with troubleshooting issues as they arise.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct daily, weekly, and detailed quarterly safety audits of the facility. Conduct documented monthly safety meetings.
- Provides training and development to all cleaners as necessary.
- Plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures, and recommend improvement in methods, equipment, and working conditions.
- Supervise, promote, and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Ensures that all jobs are completed on time while maintaining appropriate level of quality.
- Monitors normal housekeeping in the cleaning area on all shifts, and assigns cleaners to perform the cleaning as necessary.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of the Company’s contingency plan for the facility.
- RCRA duties including assisting the Facility Manager in the administration and supervision of all areas of Residual Management.
- Conducts activities related to waste and water management.
- Communicates with customers to ensure deadline compliance.
- Performs the duties of a Tank Cleaner as needed, including properly disassemble, inspect, clean and reassemble tank internally and externally, including vents, valves, clean-out caps, clamps, loading/unloading lines, hoses and other equipment that is to be cleaned as per normal tank cleaning procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Management, Engineering, Chemistry or a similar field.
- 5-10 years work experience in the Tank Wash, Transportation, Environmental Services, Logistics, Chemicals, or Supply Chain industry.
- At least 5 years experience in a management or supervisory role
- Familiar with “Lean Thinking” and the Principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Strong emphasis on SAFETY.
- Proven ability to drive success of individual employees and teams.
- Ability to address issues and concerns without bias.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and problem-solve with little assistance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Skilled in MS Office and Internet applications
In return, Quala offers competitive salaries, career development, and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Quala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, drug screen and physical exam. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.