Truck and Trailer Mechanic
Quala is currently hiring FULL TIME Tractor/Trailer Mechanic at our Pedricktown, NJ location.
Quala Sustainable Container Solutions has the largest independent network of container cleaning facilities (75+) in North America with many locations having on-site repair and maintenance shops. By providing these two complementary services on each site enables our customers to minimize their asset downtime and reduce their operating expenses. Quala is committed to providing our customers with highly reliable services, timely, cost-effectively and safely so our customers can flawlessly execute their operations worry free.
The Quala Service Center division is seeking multiple tractor/trailer mechanics for our shops nationwide. Potential sign-on bonus opportunities for those with significant experience in HM183 and DOT inspections.
The workshop mechanic, as directed by the Facility Manager and Regional Maintenance Manager, will perform light maintenance, repairs, and inspections for tractors and cargo trailers in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (DOT), state and local regulations, and company policies. Performs incoming inspections of equipment as requested to determine overall mechanical condition and repairs needed, diagnoses component malfunctions and the repair order process to get the equipment back to regulatory compliance.
Key attributes of our ideal candidates for our Quala workshops: open minded to change to improve our level of service, independent, safety first mindset, system/process thinker, motivated to learn/grow, attention to detail, reliable/punctual and time management.
- Responsible for the diagnostics, maintenance and repair of equipment as assigned which includes welding, fabrication, electrical, and brake systems
- Efficiently and reliably inspect cargo tanks to comply with DOT standards
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to repair orders for labor hours, parts, or otherwise in the computer maintenance management system
- Accurately completes all forms, checklists and other documentation as needed by company or regulatory policies and properly store or distribute them
- Pro-actively participates in identifying and preventing safety issues inside the workshop as well as understanding and following all company safety policies and training as assigned
- Ensures parts pulled from inventory are assigned to repair orders to ensure accuracy and proper billing. Submits parts requests for purchase orders as minimum quantity levels are reached or not available in stock
- Maintain an organized and safe workshop before, during and after repairs
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Facility Manager or Regional Maintenance Manager
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must pass pre-employment screenings
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of tractor/trailer mechanical experience
- Basic knowledge of how hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical systems function
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours including weekends and holidays as needed
- Personally owned hand tools
- Advanced knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations
- DOT HM-183 training or certification
- FMCSA Annual Inspections experience
- Brakes knowledge (RSS, ABS, pneumatics) experience or certification
- Forklift experience
- GTAW/GMAW Welding/Fabrication experience or certification
- Approved accredited post-secondary vocational or technical school
- ASE certification
- “R Stamp” certification
- Familiarity with 5S and Lean methodologies
- Basic computer skills
- Experience/Training with Confined Space Entry.
Quala Sustainable Container Solutions offers competitive wages and great employee benefits (401k, Flexible spending accounts, and Paid Time Off, in addition to Medical, Dental, and Vision plans). We also have a Career Development Program which offers promotions and additional compensation opportunities based on certifications acquired. * Potential sign-on bonus.
TO APPLY: Respond with resume including employment dates or apply in person at 8A Route 130, Pedricktown, NJ 08067.
Only those meeting the requirements listed above will be considered.
Quala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and physical exam. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time